Skeletal, Muscular, and Circulatory
You are now beginning a study of the human body. It is important that we understand how our bodies work so that we will be able to take good care of them. All of your body cells, tissues, organs, and organ systems have to work together in order to keep you alive and healthy. You will be exploring three organ systems of the human body by using web resources and answering the correlation to the specific questions. You may use the resources on this page, or you may use search engines to find what you’re looking for. Answer each question on your own paper with complete sentences and you must "put the question in the answer".
A.) Skeletal System
1. Which function of the skeletal system would be especially important if you were in a car accident?
2. Bone (osseous) tissue can be described as ________.
3. Without red bone marrow, bones would not be able to ________.
4. Which of the following provide flexibility and smooth surfaces for movement?
5. Suppose your red bone marrow could not be formed. What functions would your body not be able to perform?
B.) Muscular system
1. What is the function/importance of the muscular system?
2. What are the 3 types of muscles, describe each?
3. Muscle action can be voluntary or involuntary, explain what that means and give an example of each?
C.) Circulatory System